A Quilt

Tuesday 8 July 2014


After seeing so many lovely quilt creations over on Junkaholique, I was inspired to make this quilt for a friend of mine who recently had a little bub. It's made from scraps and left overs from dressmaking and is mainly Liberty fabrics or organic cotton. The whole thing is very blue and really quite wonky, but it was my first attempt so I'm pretty chuffed. I was quite surprised at the amount of little squares you could get from what seemed like a useless amount of fabric. Definitely something I'll be doing with all my other mountains of scraps I create every week.

6 comments

  1. this is really lovely - I bet your friend was chuffed with it! ah liberty, perfect even in tiny quantities. Scrap quilts are my favourite, like you say, they're the perfect way to use up little bits or odd shape pieces of fabric that can't be used for anything else. Wouldn't worry too much about any wonky-ness, it just gives it a nice handmade look :) well, at least that's what I tell myself about mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm just re-learning sewing and am looking forward to building up scraps to make a quilt. I just discovered you in Mollie Makes magazine, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! What a lovely gift for a friend.
    She Adores Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! I'm sure your friend and new baby will love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic! I love how you've organised the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that blog and I love this quilt too! I'm so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© i knowles nothing. Design by FCD.